Sunday, December 12, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...





Donna Karan




Rag and Bone

I have always been a huge fan of clothing designers who truly know women. Donna Karan makes clothes for women who are unabashedly women, beings with curves, child-bearing hips, and attitude. Her recent looks are a combination of Boho-chic, military rigidity and awesome femininity. Her color palette sings a melodious song of sharp, pristine and ambitious notes that carry out a story in true and dignified form. In close comparison Rag and Bone's look are honest, clear, coherent and simply put, beautiful. I find myself preoccupied with the cream color contrasted against the handsome brown boots that are a must have as soon as I can afford them myself. The leather jacket, in particular, is rustic, fun, edgy and feminine, a tricky combination of things to embody in one garment. While I am having a tough time choosing from among all my favorite things, these are pretty special.

1 comment:

  1. Her looks are stunning, and I love the color palettes as well. Great looks!

    Maryjane xoxo

    ReplyDelete