Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Art of Transformation



Alkemie is the art of transformation, from something common to something precious. Alkemie jewelry, a company started by an incredible husband and wife team, Ashley Lowengrub and Dara Gerson, has proven time and time again to bring a balance of chic design and artistic merit to their pieces. Motivated by working with eco-friendly materials, the foundation of their work is 100% reclaimed and recycled metals. Inspired mostly by elements in the environment, their recent pieces are direct reflections of the natural world. They have managed to turn the common and familiar into something deeply creative and new. Without exaggeration, my heart melted when, as I was looking through www.shopbop.com, I stumbled upon Alkemie's stingray ring, a statement pieces that is crafted with amazing attention to detail, embodying spunk, personality and sheer beauty all in one. I love that I have never seen a stingray ring before, and I pride myself on being witness to as many accessories as humanly possible. This common underwater swimmer has transformed into my favorite must-have piece this season. This piece shows that Alkemie is, in fact, true to its name.

1 comment: